In this video, the focus is on defending and stopping the opposition from scoring!
Watch Australian defender Josie Janz-Dawson below as she demonstrates her top defending tip…
Some extra tips for players with defending roles…
- As a defender, keep your head up, arms down and keep your feet moving!
- Body up on the opposing player with the ball.
- Contest the ball.
- Keep communicating with the Goal Defender and Centre for a defensive set-up on a centre pass.
And tips from Team Bath Netball’s Head Coach, Jess Thirlby…
- Don’t underestimate the importance of basic skills. These need investing in so they become automatic, robust and consistent under pressure.
- One of the most important skills is the ability to turn fully and quickly on court – you can see all the options, make passes without defenders being in the way and it enables you to make quick, clear decisions.